Eligibility Requirements for Applicants
- Organizations must be a legal 501c3 nonprofit organization or have a 501c3 fiduciary.
- The project must serve Calhoun County residents.
- Preference is given to organizations with a physical presence in Calhoun County.
- Organizations that do not have a physical presence in Calhoun County may apply but the project must serve Calhoun County residents.
- The project must fall under one of our three priority areas:
- Capital campaigns are considered on a very limited basis. If you are seeking support for a capital project, please contact the Binda Foundation at email@example.com to discuss.
- We do not make grants to individuals or support personal opportunities such as conferences or summer camps.
Our Grant Application Process
Submitting a Letter of Inquiry
If you meet the eligibility requirements listed above and would like to apply for a grant from the Binda Foundation, your first step is to:
Login to our online grant management system to submit a Letter of Inquiry or LOI.
Letters of Inquiry can be submitted at any time, up to two weeks before the application submission deadlines of April 1 and November 1 of each year.
If this is your organization’s first time applying for funds from the Binda Foundation, you will need to set up an organization profile in our online grant management system.
If you aren’t sure whether your organization has received funding in the past, please reach out to the Binda Foundation to discuss your project.
First-time applicants are encouraged to contact the Binda Foundation to discuss their project before applying. Email the Binda Foundation or call 269.968.6171.
Your LOI will be reviewed. If approved, you will receive an email with instructions to proceed to the full application.
Submitting a Grant Application
Grant applications are due on or before April 1 and November 1 of each year.
Prior to submitting a grant application, you will be invited to attend an online informational session explaining the application. This is also an opportunity for you to ask additional questions about the application process.
After submitting your application, you will be notified electronically that your grant application has been received.
A grant review committee will review grants in May and December. Final decisions are made by the full Board of Trustees in January and June.
To submit an LOI and begin the application process, please use the online grant management system.
The deadlines for application submissions are April 1 and November 1 of each year.
For grants submitted by April 1:
Grants are reviewed by a Grant Committee in May. Final decisions are made in June. Applicants are notified in mid-June, and funding is distributed at the end of June.
For grants submitted by November 1:
Grants are reviewed by a Grant Committee in December. Final decisions are made in January. Applicants are notified at the end of January, and funding is distributed in early February.