The Guido A. and Elizabeth H. Binda Foundation is a private foundation that provides philanthropic support to nonprofit organizations headquartered in Calhoun County, Michigan, and to those which, although headquartered elsewhere, have programming commitments in Calhoun County. With assets in excess of $20 million, the Foundation makes grants totaling approximately $1 million per year, benefiting the residents of Calhoun County.
As an education foundation, the Binda Foundation seeks to improve the quality of life and promote equitable outcomes through strategic and impactful grantmaking in Battle Creek and Calhoun County.
The Foundation has identified specific areas of strategic emphasis for its work. Although the Foundation reserves the flexibility to accept proposals for other legitimate charitable purposes, the majority of its attention and resources will be invested within the following areas of strategic emphasis:
- Literacy through the lifespan
- Kindergarten readiness
- Quality schools & learning experiences
- Student Social-Emotional Wellbeing
- High School Graduation or High School Equivalence
- Post-secondary career-readiness with industry specific credentials
Health & Human Services
- Quality health & human service programs
- Quality health education including maternal and child health
Arts & Culture
- Robust arts & culture organizations through capacity building
- Local community arts & culture events
Capital requests, support for operational funding, and sponsorships are typically not funded through the competitive grantmaking process, and will only be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Foundation at email@example.com if you have a capital, operations, or sponsorship request.